Novelist and PDXXer Karelia Stetz-Waters is having a remarkable year. Her first book, a thriller called The Admirer, was published in December of 2013, and August saw the publication of a second thriller, The Purveyor. A young adult novel, Forgive Me If I’ve Told You This Before, comes out October 31st, and in January, Grand Central Publishing will release a romance, Something True. As a publishing student at Ooligan Press, I’ve had the privilege of working closely with Forgive Me If I’ve Told You This Before—a book whose YA designation nearly scared me off, but whose honesty and lyricism quickly won me over. (This interview, then, is something of a shameless plug for a book I adore.) Though I’ve yet to meet Karelia in person, I was grateful for the opportunity to speak with her aboutForgive Me, the importance of strong lesbian protagonists, and all that writing (four books in three genres and counting!): “Ten years of work,” she says, “all came to fruition during an eighteen-month period.”
Read the rest at PDXX!
Read the rest at PDXX!

No comments:
Post a Comment